Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Christmas Day 2007!


OK, so, it's gonna' look like we got a little crazy Christmas Day... and well, maybe we did! Mostly, I bought some paper holographic glasses that made all the lights, candles, and any reflection look like either snowflakes, snowmen, Santa, or just stars! Each pair is different...And they all "jiggle" as you move your head. It is hilarious to watch people try them out. The camera flash also brought the reflections to life, so these photos were really fun to take! (www.holidayspecs.com)




Carolyn above.

Amber flew in from Chicago for Christmas.

Bob may be having "flashbacks" from previous experiences in life!


Julian and I even took some pictures through the lens and they came out! You can barely see the snowmen reflecting in the first one, but the 2nd shows what we were seeing everywhere we looked.

I do wish I had video of everyone tilting their heads back and forth walking around the house and outside to see the city lights, stars, and street lights dance like a troupe of drunken Santas everywhere!




Carolyn, Me, and Amber: we never looked so good!?!


The rest of Christmas was a bit milder!



Julian got an "Intuit" bike jersey and bike trip from us, and a really small digital camera from his aunts and cousin.


After not doing puzzles for several years, Rick and I EACH got the other a puzzle...and even used the same wrapping paper. We are still working on the first one now! [update: January 15, 2008: tonight we FINALLY finished the puzzle! It was a toughy! We have always finished in a week before.]
I also got a new MacBook laptop (my previous laptop has been in two pieces for a year!) I now have a built-in camera and can iChat! If you can, let me know! It's a blast! We spent 3 hours chatting with Rick's buddy Tony the other night! He was showing many things I didn't know this computer could do!


The day after Christmas Julian went on a 6-day, 400 mile, bicycle trip with the San Diego American Youth Hostels.

They pedaled from San Diego, east up through Alpine, the old mining town Julian, over the mountains, with an awesome 10 mile descent down to Palm Desert. From there they circled around to Hemet, through the wine country of Temecula, to Fallbrook, west to the coast, and then back down to San Diego.

He had a great adventure and is already talking about repeating it for next year! We met part of the group for lunch one day in Temecula (below). Then Rick and I went over the the Temecula Wine Country for the afternoon with friends!


May you and yours have a
WONDERFUL NEW YEAR!!!

________________________________________________