Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Lakeland, Florida, and Theresa!!

Today, Wednesday, we came to our last planned stop of the trip -- Lakeland. This is where my father spends the winter rather than Michigan. And not too far away lives my grade school friend Theresa who drove over to visit me. We have not seen each other since 1966! Whoa -- 43 years! How can that be!? We met online a few years ago when her sister-in-law signed up to adopt-a-soldier on my "AuntNancyUSA.com" project! I LOVE the internet!!! What fun it has been to chat online, but today, to finally get to meet again! Thanks for coming Theresa!! It was a great treat to see you in person.

Above: Theresa and I at the Detroit Tigers Spring Training stadium in Lakeland, and, our camper.

Tomorrow: visit with my Dad and his friend Marie. We had planned to visit my Aunt Gert, Uncle Larry, their son Larry, and his wife. But darn, Uncle Larry, (now 91 years old?), fell today and they all spent the day in ER and are not up to visitors.

Below: Marie, Dad, & Rick at some beautiful Lakeland gardens:

Thursday there is supposed to be a night launch of the space shuttle from Kennedy Space Center that we might be able to see!

Friday we plan to head back to Walt Disney World and take my Dad to see Epcot........
UPDATED: We did take Dad and Marie to Epcot, and Roger and Jill met us. Since I did not have my camera, I have to wait for them to email me some.... so, I'll post more later.

Oh, and we spoke with our neighbors Pattie and Charlie today. Their RV is all repaired (I think an oil leak was found when they had the starter problem). I'm hoping they can use some of their remaining Disney tickets to hang out with us again Friday.

_______________________________________________________