I'm too tired right now to put in all the details 'cause Cris made me go to FOUR bars in Carlsbad last night... but soon I'll post about Cris Simioni, who is from Brasil but living in New York City for a little bit, and how she flew here for the weekend to meet us after we became "Friends" on FACEBOOK in the group "Simionis of the World".
Today (Sunday) she flew to San Francisco and now she is with Julian for 24 hours to see THAT city before returning to New York City Monday afternoon!
Today (Sunday) she flew to San Francisco and now she is with Julian for 24 hours to see THAT city before returning to New York City Monday afternoon!
I had so much fun hanging out with her........
We really enjoyed Cris flying in from New York City where she has been living for 6 months. I'm hoping to host some more of the Simionis from Italy this summer and then go visit them. (Next summer?)
Cris and I crammed in a lot of San Diego, Vista, Carlsbad, Escondido, and Oceanside in our day and a half...
Starting with lunch at the Hotel del Coronado, coffee in Little Italy, a bike taxi along the Embarcadero, a walk around Old Town, sunset on Solana Beach, and pizza in Vista on the first half day. Saturday we hit Wild Animal Park, then spent the evening eating and drinking around the Oceanside Harbor & Pier, followed by a bar tour of The Village of Carlsbad!
Sunday I drove her down the coast to the airport. Then she and Julian did the San Francisco mini-tour, including riding a bicycle-built-for-two across the Golden Gate Bridge. Monday she flew back to New York City!!! whew!
update February 14, 2009: there are 80 people on the Simioni Facebook group!
_______________________________________________________