It was a hectic and too short "tour" of Detroit and Chicago for me! Got to see a lot of people, but never enough of them, nor enough time with most. If I didn't get to see you this time, or only spent a little time with you, I hope you'll forgive me.....
1st night: Max's high school graduation party........

Congrats Max!
Good Luck and Good Fun at the University of Michigan!

"Pappa" John and lots of Mazzaras at the party.

Jon, Stef, Lexi, Kevin

Alexis, Grampa Nicholson, Joanne

Jon & Alexis: their wedding is June 2008! Can't wait! I'll be there!!

Me and Godchild Alexis
Back in Troy:
Kodi "Sweeney" stealing the box of White Castles..........
(it was empty!)

Saturday morning I got to visit with a few Troy neighbors at Cindy Sweeney's and National Coney Island.
Saturday afternoon and evening, my sister Joanne and cousin Stephanie joined me at Evolas on the lake.......


Sunday during the day I got to visit with Cheri Ruge, and Lisa Sieradski's growing family!
dang. no pics.
Sunday night: Family party at Melissa & Mikes....
A big gang was there. The next generation of kids were a riot! In the pool, in costumes... I'm not sure I'll ever get the image of Jack as "Puss in Boots" out of my mind (in his underwear, feathered cap, boots....)
Here are some photos from Melissa photo site. I'll have to work on it again to see if I can down load bigger copies.
Thanks Melissa and Mike for the great party!



Monday I got some Buddy's Pizza with Annette and John. YEAH! Then I drove to St. Clair Shores to visit my Aunt Mary Evola. Later that evening I went to Andiamo's on the Lake and my high school girlfriends got together. What the heck. No pictures here either??? Denise, Debbie, Nan, Karen Dolan, Ursula (how long has it been since I've seen HER?), Michelle too! Maybe SOMEday I'll get you guys out here! WHEW! that was a busy day!
... stayed at Lassiter's. One of my more relaxing days! whew! Then had dinner in Birmingham with Sue, Kathy, and Carol.
... had lunch and a nice afternoon with Lynne. OK Lynne, that just wasn't enough time, again! What must we plan????
The Polans......... It's been a few years since I have seen the boys! WOW! Rick and Dan are about to start 9th grade, and John's a Senior (and OH SO CUTE! Watch out for the girls Ed and Jeanne!)

Dan and John

Rick and Jeanne
The Johnsons in Chicago........... I got to meet Zach! He was born after the Johnsons left Michigan, and after our last visit to see them in Pittsburgh. Geez, has it been 10 years??? The other boys are grown up of course, thank goodness for the photos Kerry has sent, or I would have been too shocked! Jeff's smiley face is cute as ever (Hey Jeff, how's the fire pit coming?) Alex is adorable and fun as ever... Brad was at his Chicago apartment, so I didn't see him.
Kerry & Bill: I loved getting to spend some time with you, as little and fractured as it was. Hope to host your family, at least part of it, here in San Diego sometime!

Dang, I don't have any pictures of the beach party at Jennifer's. Anyone got some they could send me? Thanks Jennifer! It was great seeing you, Laurie Petrusha, Betty Nevitt, Julie Rybcki, and all the kids!
No pics of my time with the Lassiters either. I spent a few nights there.
I'll be back in June 2008 for Alexis & Jon's wedding.... who knows, maybe sooner!
Thanks everyone for the breakfasts, lunches, dinners, parties and sleepovers!
After all that I picked up my Dad in Mason Michigan and we drove to Chicago for the weekend and the wedding of Stacia!! See the next blog above.
The following Monday I was back early enough to have another quick visit with Cindy Sweeney, and spent most of the day with Alexis! That was great!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------