Alex Karpowitsch, Julian's long-time neighborhood and school buddy, came to San Diego for a few days this week. He's on break from University of Michigan and flew into San Francisco to hang out with Julian. They immediately drove to Lake Tahoe and went skiing. The next day he flew down here.
I gave him SD101: Introduction to San Diego.
- Lunch at "The Wave House", "Villa Simioni", Wild Animal Park, ostrich farm (ostrich jerky!), Carlsbad Village. Then,
- a full day tour of the San Diego coast line: Oceanside Pier & harbor, down through Encinitas, Solana Beach, Del Mar.
- and then La Jolla where we stopped at the Torrey Pines Golf Course, the glide port, The Children's Beach (or Seal Beach), stopped for a quick snack (while an old woman backed into my car trying to get out of the parking lot for 10 minutes).
- Finally, Ocean Beach & Pacific Beach, found a great sports bar before sending him back up to San Fran!
He had fun, and so did I! I think he'll be back! Hopefully with Julian, and Chelsea, and.....
He'll be checking out the night life in San Francisco tonight, and flying back to Michigan tomorrow. whew. He's young. I'm old. I'm tired just thinking about all that!