So, last night I thought I'd be a good Mom and make my son something to snack on at college. Good ol' Rice Krispie Treats! Yummy! Haven't made them for awhile.
This morning I sent them to Michigan State. Geez, $8.25 to mail them Priority Mail! (OK, I did include a big cycling magazine in the box.)
I was feeling pretty good about it -- I know he'll enjoy them especially since he's been complaining about big (negative) changes to the food at the MSU cafeterias this semester.
Then I watched our favorite Food Network Show: Every Day Italian with Giada DiLaurentiis. Her whole show was on a bunch of goodies she was making for her niece away at college. She was, as you might expect, making all kinds of homemade goodies.
Everyday Italian
Episode EI1018
Care Packages
Giada shows you how to whip up love in a box for those far-flung college.
I didn't see a Rice Krispie Treat anywhere. Dang.
That's OK. He will eat MY food! I don't think he'd touch that other stuff!
---------------------------------
This morning I sent them to Michigan State. Geez, $8.25 to mail them Priority Mail! (OK, I did include a big cycling magazine in the box.)
I was feeling pretty good about it -- I know he'll enjoy them especially since he's been complaining about big (negative) changes to the food at the MSU cafeterias this semester.
Then I watched our favorite Food Network Show: Every Day Italian with Giada DiLaurentiis. Her whole show was on a bunch of goodies she was making for her niece away at college. She was, as you might expect, making all kinds of homemade goodies.
Everyday Italian
Episode EI1018
|
Giada shows you how to whip up love in a box for those far-flung college.
| Recipes |
| Balsamic Chocolate Truffles | |
| Lemon Ricotta Cookies with Lemon Glaze | |
| Pancetta Balsamic Vinaigrette | |
| Sweet Potato and Beet Chips with Garlic Rosemary Salt |
I didn't see a Rice Krispie Treat anywhere. Dang.
That's OK. He will eat MY food! I don't think he'd touch that other stuff!
---------------------------------