

We were able to stop in Rick's cousin, Frank Di Mercurio's tile shop in Monterey. We surprised him! His brother John lives down in San Diego/El Cajon. Their Mom and sister came in from Detroit for a visit last month. Their Dad, Bud, worked with Rick's Dad, Desiderio, in the tile business in Michigan.

What COOOOOOL stuff Frank has! Take a look.... can't wait to go back when we can stay longer! I could spend some money here! :-)






Now, if you dare, ask Rick about the Truck ride back to Vista!

After our week of adventures, we are ready to get home and see our house. We saw several burned-out areas along the I-15 just 10 or so miles before our neighborhood. Apparently, one fire jumped 14 lanes of asphalt and concrete in the wild winds. We saw homes with splashes of red/pink fire retardant on them. Our home is OK; just dirty and soot is everywhere. It smells more like a campfire here than the places we stayed during the week.
Here's the day by day events of the fire:
http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20071028/news_lz1n28inferno.html
Here's a Google Fire Map.
Our home is located almost exactly where it labels our city "Vista", inland from Carlsbad, along the 78.
I think Google is updating the info daily.
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&time=&date=&ttype=&ie=UTF8&om=1&msa=0&msid=114250687465160386813.00043d08ac31fe3357571&num=1000&ll=33.151349,-117.111511&spn=0.823223,0.997009&z=10
----------------------------------------------------------
Here's the day by day events of the fire:
http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20071028/news_lz1n28inferno.html
Here's a Google Fire Map.
Our home is located almost exactly where it labels our city "Vista", inland from Carlsbad, along the 78.
I think Google is updating the info daily.
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&time=&date=&ttype=&ie=UTF8&om=1&msa=0&msid=114250687465160386813.00043d08ac31fe3357571&num=1000&ll=33.151349,-117.111511&spn=0.823223,0.997009&z=10